CCCC Seeks Members to Serve as Mentors
by David Auston
To help both new members and current members improve their photographic skills, acquire self-confidence and participate in print and digital image exhibitions, we have established a mentoring system whereby some of our more experienced Club members will be willing to offer advice on a range of topics such as:
- Choosing and using camera equipment and lenses that match your photography interests.
- Digital Post-processing: Lightroom & Photoshop & other software programs
- The digital darkroom: choosing a computer, monitor & storage system
- Some basic principles of composition
- Black & white photography basics
- Preparing and submitting an image for the Club exhibition night
- Printing your own prints and/or using a print service
Members with experience in one or more of the foregoing areas are encouraged to volunteer as mentors.
After we get a few names on the list, we’ll send another notice out to members with details about how to contact a potential mentor.
I (David Auston) will be serving to coordinate the mentorship program. If you have any questions about being a mentor or mentee or how the Program works please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will also be available as a mentor for the topics indicated on the linked form.