Varies every month
Education/Training Night – Take the Raw Challenge
On Tuesday, July 23th: Bill Banning presents: “A non-competitive image sharing night adventure!”
Here’s how it works:
- Be on the the lookout for an email with links to several raw files coming your way before the end of June.
- Download one or more you’d like to work with.
- Use your favorite software to create your version of the file. Be creative and work at whatever your comfort level is.
You might want to:
- Make global or local adjustments to improve exposure, lighting, dynamic range, etc.
- Crop it to change composition.
- Change it to monochrome, black & white, or add a creative color palette.
- Add texture layers; use presets from Lightroom or other software.
- Use a raw file as a base to add composite images from other files.
- Combine portions of each image.
- Distort, flip, blend, or otherwise create abstractions of the image.
- Just get creative and have fun learning and experimenting.
When you’re finished, export it and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org using our normal image size and naming conventions. Come to the July 25th meeting and see all the different approaches! Take note of interesting ideas and ask the submitter to show you how they did it.